Diabetes - 1- Diabetes Insipidous - 2 - Diabetes Mellitus
Diabetes is a disorder of metabolism—the way the body uses digested food for energy. The digestive tract breaks down carbohydrates—sugars and starches found in many foods—into glucose, a form of sugar that enters the bloodstream. With the help of the hormone insulin, cells throughout the body absorb glucose and use it for energy.
Diabetes is a complex group of diseases with a variety of causes. People with diabetes have high blood glucose, also called high blood sugar or hyperglycemia.Diabetes develops when the body doesn’t make enough insulin or is not able to use insulin effectively, or both.Insulin is made in the pancreas, an organ located behind the stomach. The pancreas contains clusters of cells called islets. Beta cells within the islets make insulin and release it into the blood.
- Secondary Diabetes
- Insulin-dependent Diabetes Mellitus (IDDM)
- Non Insulin-dependent Diabetes Mellitus (NIDDM)
In this disease there is excessive urination.
This condition is caused by hyposecretion of ADH due to damage to hypothalamus by e.g, trauma, tumour, encephalitis. Water re-absorption by the kidneys is deficient, leading to excretion of excessive amounts of dilute urine, often more than 10 liters daily, causing dehydration, extreme thirst and polydipsia.
Insipidous (Ziabatis Ghair Shakri/ Sada).
In this disease there is excessive urination with glycosuria, hyperglyceamia and fat metabolism is disturbed . The main cause for D.M is tense environment.
In this type of D.M there is absence of insulin or very little secretion , and it is due to the destruction of islet cells. External administration of insulin is must in this type D.M Due to hypoinsuleamia there is polydipsia, polyphagia and keto acidosis.
This may develop as a complication of
- Other autoimmune endocrine disease e.g. acromegaly, thyrotoxicoses
- Acute and chronic pancreatitis (Iltehab-e-Tihal Muzmin)
- Secondary to other hormonal disturbances involving e.g. growth hormone, thyroid hormones, cortisol, adrenaline.
ESSENTIALS OF DIAGNOSIS OF NIDDM:
- Frequency and quantity of urine increases, approx.5- 10 liters of water passes in 24 hrs.
- Polydipsia due to which sleep get disturbed.
- Generalized weakness.
- Usually gradual in adults but acute in children.
- Polyuria with glycosuria.
- Loss of weight, generalized weakness.
- Muscle cramps, cropes of boils.
- Pruritis vulva in female and bulanitis in male.
KUSTA MARVARID processed in the decotions of JADWAR, MASTHAGI, ASGAND, CHIRAITA, LAVANG, JAIPHAL, JAWATRI, MAJET, MAKO, GOKHRU, BEHMAN SURKH, PAKAN BAID, SARPOKA, ZANJABEEL, PHIL PHIL ZIA.
Efficacious for :
Diabetes and its associated complications such as frequent urination, itching, fatigue,sexual weakness etc, gangrene, prophylactic treatment for hereditary diabetes.
The plant kingdom has many hypoglycemic plants. They have much to contribute to a comprehensive management program of non-insulin dependent diabetes
- Effective galactagogue, leads to pituitary or hypothalamus activity.
- Bitters, stimulates gently endocrine glands thus effective in lowering blood sugar.
- Raise levels of glucose and ATP in the cell, thus maintain energy levels.
- Decreasing the consumption of insulin, thus of potential use in diabetic angiopathy, especially as it has minimal impact on glucose metabolism, making it appropriate for diabetics, who generally suffer from insufficient circulation.
- Restores energy and vitality and ward off tiredness & fatigueness due to sexual weakness.
- Prophylactic, works to avoid the various long-term complications.
- Heart and vascular tonics, appropriate for long-term use.
For adults: 1 Capsule each thrice a day.
OR Consult your own physician.
6 blisters of 10's pack in a carton.